Waihi Bush Flax Fiber - Original 550g
Displayed price is GST inclusive
flax fibre - original is a fine flax seed meal/ protein powder naturally packed with valuable nutrients:
High in both soluble and insoluble dietary fibre
High quality vegetable protein that is Gluten free so suitable for those with Coeliac disease
Very Low in carbohydrate
Antioxidant rich for cell protection
Rich in lignans (Phytoestrogens) for hormonal and immune system balance
Omega-3, Omega-6 and Omega-9 fatty acids
Very Low glycaemic index (GI
Nothing is added to our flax fibre.
Quite apart from its superior nutritional qualities, flax fibre - original really adds another dimension to baked products, smoothies, protein shakes, breakfast cereals and many other foods because of its texture and nutty taste.
You will find that:
- Muffins and breads are moister when some of the flour is substituted for flax fibre - original
- Meatballs and patties hold together well and have a satisfying texture when flax fibre - original is used as a binder
- Smoothies are thick and foamy with flax fibre - original
- When flax fibre - original is sprinkled onto your normal breakfast cereal or onto yoghurt and fruit it can help you to feel more satisfied and can sustain your energy for longer
It is important to drink more fluids when you increase your intake of dietary fibre. Flax fibre must not be swallowed in its dry form.
Why use it?
flax fibre - original is truly a super-food because it is so nutritionally dense. It may help with the following:
- Blood sugar stabilisation e.g. diabetes, hypoglycaemia or insulin resistance. This works on many levels:
- The fibre content slows glucose absorption and therefore reduces spikes in blood sugar levels
- Low carbohydrate and high protein content means low glycaemic index (GI). Combined with foods that have a higher GI, flax fibre can reduce the blood sugar response
- Omega-3 essential fatty acids help to make cells more sensitive to insulin and therefore glucose is cleared more quickly from the bloodstream
- Bowel health. Due to its good mix of soluble and insoluble dietary fibre and its Omega-3 fatty acid content. Both constipation and diarrhoea respond well to increased fibre intake. Some people find flax fibre - original helpful for Irritable Bowel Syndrome or Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Adequate dietary fibre intake helps to prevent haemorrhoids, diverticulitis and bowel cancer
- Cardiovascular health. As a good source of dietary fibre, flax fibre - original can help reduce blood LDL cholesterol, a risk factor for cardiovascular disease. Omega-3 fatty acids have been shown in many studies to be associated with better heart health
- Hormonal balance e.g. prostate health, breast health, menopause, osteoporosis, PMS, endometriosis. Dietary fibre helps to clear by products of hormone breakdown out of the bowel before they can be re-absorbed. flax fibre - original is extra special because it is also very rich in phytoestrogens called lignans, that can have a gentle balancing effect on the sex hormones
- Immune system balance. Flax lignans have an immune boosting effect, which may benefit people with allergies, cancers and other conditions where the immune system is not functioning optimally
- Oxidative damage. Because flax fibre - original is rich in antioxidant lignans and phenolics, contains naturally occurring vitamin E, it helps to protect the body cells against free radicals
- High protein, low carbohydrate diets. flax fibre - original can be a valuable part of a high protein, low carbohydrate regime used in sports nutrition because it is also high in dietary fibre and can help to prevent constipation
We recommend that pregnant women check with their health practitioner before using flax fibre due to its possible effect on oestrogen levels.
flax fibre - original is milled from the certified organic de-fatted flax seed, Linum usitatissimum(Linseed). The fibre is high quality, unrefined, containing no toxic substances or cholesterol. It is packaged in the absence of light, air and reactive metals and packaged in black HDPE plastic under an inert gas blanket to further protect it against light and oxygen.
|Quantity per 100g|
|Energy kJ||1280 (306 kcal)|
|Alpha linolenic acid (Omega-3)||9.6g|
|Linoleic acid (Omega-6)||3.1g|
|Antioxidant Vitamin E equivalents (naturally present)||400mg*|
Data is an average from analysis by Crop & Food*, ChromaDex**, AgriQuality, Hills and Massey.